Monday, October 22, 2012

Review: Benefit SUGARlicious Lip & Cheek Kit

First of all, I have to thank my awesomeposum friend, Stufu, for this great birthday present! I have been wanting to try out Benefit items and this kit just has everything that I have been yearning to try! 

The Benefit SUGARlicious Lip & Cheek Kit retails for S$45 at any Benefit counters or at Sephora! :) 


The kit consists of:

  • a mini benetint (4ml)
  • a mini high beam (4ml)
  • a mini sugarbomb blush (3g)
  • a full size ultra plush sugarbomb lipgloss (6.5ml)
A perfect kit for anyone who wants to try out benefit products! They are wildly popular for their blushes and of course the benetint and high beam

There are two other lip & cheek kits available - feelin' DANDY (with posie tint, dandelion blush and dandelion lipgloss) and go TROPI-CORAL (with chacha tint, coralista blush and coralista lipgloss).







Packaging: How pretty is this packaging?! Yes it is quite bulky and boxy for a few small products but I really like how much effort they put into it! Argh, I forgot to take a picture of the gorgeously huge and excellent quality mirror! If you open up the TIPS and TRICKS booklet, it will reveal a glorious mirror. I'm in love with any palettes/kits that provide a sturdy mirror!

Also, benefit is quite clever eh? They used the TIPS and TRICKS booklet as a form of protection for the mirror as well. No more blush powders or accidental gloss smudges on the mirror! :D



I was extremely intelligent and forgot to take photos of the product swatches. =_=. Therefore, I had to use one from the net and thank you so much Vampy Varnish for the photo! The link to her blogpost is captioned on the photo! :)

Photo credited to: Vampy Varnish
Benetint

Colour and Pigmentation: This is a really gorgeous rosey pink tint that's suitable for probably any skin tone! It's sheer but buildable and the liquid is not sticky at all (plus points!).

Fragrance: I'm in love with the fragrance. It's like sniffing in expensive rose perfume!

Overall: I definitely see why the benetint is such a popular product that has many raving reviews from people all over the country. I used it together with the Sugarbomb blush, and I looked naturally radiant and not purposely made up. FANTASTICO.

High Beam

Colour and Pigmentation: It's a highlighter with very subtle silver shimmers mixed in with the pinkish hued product. This product calls for a light-hand application. A little bit goes a long long long way.

Overall: Initially, I had some difficulty working with this product. I applied way too much! And so my upper cheekbones looked almost ready for a circus show. D: Lesson learnt and the second time I only dotted once on each side, and they were perfect.

Sugarbomb blush

Colour and Pigmentation: Such a unique blush with 4 triangles of blush shades. It's too cumbersome to try out each triangle at a time, so it's extremely advisable to just swirl all the shades together. It's almost reminiscent NARS Orgasm (perhaps with less shimmer and less orange tint). Pigmentation is great and it's not powdery at all!

Brush: I don't get the brush. :S It's like using a paintbrush to apply blush on my cheeks. TOO ROUGH. I'm going to ignore the brush and just use my soft ELF Studio one.

Overall: It's a great blush to use on its own, or when applied on top of a layer of benetint.

Sugarbomb lipgloss

Overall: I don't really like this lipgloss. For one, it's extremely sticky, and I really hate sticky lipglosses. Can you imagine having medium-length hair that's impossible to tie and then having them stuck on your lips while walking? NOT GOOD.

I really enjoyed this Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit from Benefit! I'm quite sure benetint and high beam are going to be staples in my everyday makeup routine! :)

No comments: