Saturday, April 28, 2012

Review: Sleek Blush in Flamingo

I have always wanted to try Sleek's blushes because of all the raves online. Hence, when I saw this going for S$8 on sgbeauty, I HAD TO GET IT. It wasn't in my most wanted colour (Rose gold!) but I can definitely see how much I like the texture/pigmentation on my face!

Review: Sleek Blush in Flamingo

I bought L.A. Girl Pro. Conceal Concealers too, but they are crap. Not worth reviewing at all. 
Ingredient List

Very very sadly, the item came damaged in the mail. The blush was cracked beyond help! :'( However, I can't not use it right? There's so much product in it!


This is the real colour of the blush. The above photo look very orange due to my room's yellow lighting. Flamingo is a hot and loud pink blush that is less disastrous-looking on darker skin-tone individuals.

Of course, I'm not saying you fair ones should avoid this altogether, but you need a very very very IMMENSELY steady hand to apply it beautifully and without looking like a ge-tai singer wannabe.


Pigmentation-wise, there's nothing that I'm unhappy about. It's bloody pigmented to the point that I need to dab my brush on the product SUPER gently to avoid looking like a clown.

Application-wise, this colour can be tricky for beginners. What you really need are a good steady hand and a good wide blush brush. Those itsy-bitsy blush brushes will catalyse the almost-expected disaster. You have to dab the brush extremely lightly on the blush, and then either tap off the excess or swirl some on the back of your hands. Then apply. This way, you can build up the level of brightness that you want on your cheeks.

I hate it when I apply too much colour on my cheeks. I can't exactly brush it off right? I always end up removing makeup from my entire face (concealer, foundation, etc) and redoing everything. =__=

Swatch: one swipe of product

Swatch: product blended out

To be honest, this is a very gorgeous colour if applied carefully. For those of you who are tanned or dark-skinned, this is a very suitable blush colour for you!

Let's stop focusing on the bright colour for a moment.

  • The powder is very finely milled, almost velvety.
  • Slight fallouts during application. If you have high cheekbones, then life's good. If you don't, you may get some fallouts on the lower half of you cheek too. 
  • Impressive staying power. I wore this out THE ENTIRE DAY and it faded only a weeny bit. Maximum longevity unlocked. 
Is Sleek Blush in Flamingo a good blush?

  • Yes, if you take the colour out of consideration. This is a good blush colour for certain people, but definitely quite risky for fair-skinned ones. The pigmentation, texture and staying power, however, impressed me beyond words and I would definitely be purchasing this in other colours! 

2 comments:

Amyrleex said...

Why didn't you like the concealers? If I remember correctly, its highly raved by facesbysarah...

Fitrina Lim said...

I guess it wasn't a good concealer for someone with acne scars and oily skin! It will be a perfect concealer for people with red patches or people with uneven skin tone. However, it's a terrible concealer for oily skin/acne prone skin! Feels really heavy and I can feel my pores clogged up! D: