Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review: Leaders Clinic Clinie Mask - Caviar Repairing Essential Mask

I bought the Leaders Clinic Clinie Caviar Repairing Mask for S$2 at Watsons. The word "caviar" already attracted my attention, then the word "repairing" sealed the deal for me.


Description written on the front of the packaging. No idea why they did that. I get it, you want to look professional and all dermatologists-certified looking, but I really like pretty packaging on masks. So this was a boo-boo for me.


"Repairing ingredients like caviar or chitosan give your skin sufficient elasticity and nutrition and keep your skin that can easily turn rough shinier and healthier. Use of the cellulose mask sheet with silky touch fitting even your fine wrinkles aids intensive care and delivers the efficacy of the high-concentrated essence more mildly."

"Sufficient elasticity and nutrition" sounds amazing. Anything to slow down the process of ageing, PLEASE.

Yes, I'm 23 and I'm worried about ageing. Please don't be too happy with your skin now ar, dear twenty-somethings. Anything wrong you do now will carry forward and things can go horribly wrong once you hit the scary 3-0. ARGH.

I'm now obsessed with anything ageing because I need to keep this boing-boing skin for as long as possible!!!!!! OBSESSED.



I think it's very clever that the company included a disclaimer mentioning how one will not see miracles happening after one application. "It is most effective to use consecutively 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks".

VERY SMART because 1) people's expectations are not overwhelmingly high and so when they don't see instant results, they don't grumble, 2) this motivates people to buy more of this mask!


Ingredient list:


The mask itself has a thick tissue feel. It's a material that I'm not accustomed to. Somewhat like a cross between cotton pad and tissue. One thing for sure though, the material helps to soak up as much of the product as possible and it actually prevents major dripping catastrophe.


The sheet is not very thin, or maybe not as thin as My Beauty Diary ones. It fits my face quite well, but it creased way too much around the hairline. So irritating, but perhaps I have uneven skin. Okay, I shall think of it as the mask design has faulty mechanism.



DID IT WORK?
Well, I didn't expect anything AMAZING to happen because of the disclaimer written on the packaging. However, when I applied the product, I really do feel my skin soaking up all the goodness.

One tip for mask application: apply toner before putting the mask on. Toner helps your skin cells absorb the product better!

After around 40 minutes, I removed the mask and I hated how the product refused to be absorbed to my skin. It's so sticky and gooey and I couldn't take it anymore; I had to use a tissue to wipe the junk away. That was after a good 5 minutes and after I tried to massage the essence into my skin.

Will I buy it again?
Maybe not. I prefer to see instant effects on my skin and I was really put off by that never-disappearing sticky feeling. Even after massaging it in! ARGH! I will stick with My Beauty Diary masks, thank you very much.

No comments: