Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mega post since I disappeared PART 1

The responsibility just beckons. I need to update this blog more often because I have a duty to fulfill.

I tell myself that everyday and I procrastinate even more. And so I'm now super late on everything and I have to try to recall on every single thing that happened during the period that I was lazy.

This post shall be mainly about my Copenhagen trip! :)

More photos will be available on my facebook!

Here are the links to both albums:


Before I talk about my rather eye-opener trip to Copenhagen, I shall mention a wee bit about Valentine's Day. I originally thought V-Day this year was going to be boring and stuff. Then Emery tweeted me saying how about we bake some awesome cookies! I have baked cookies before (circa Sec 3 for that stupid citibank YFC) and I was very very lonely in my cold room, so I ran to Emery's pantry in my toms.

The cookies were a huge success partly because Emery's recipe was yummy yummy good.

So the guys love them! Wilson's not in the photo but we gave him a packet too! :)


Yay to yummy nutella cookies! :)


HOORAH to us both!


Next is my haul from Copenhagen.

I can't resist shopping in Copenhagen because we visited a factory outlet, and things were mother cheap. Even the Urban Outfitter in Copenhagen had nice stuff on sale!

First, I got this printed trousers from Urban Outfitters for I think less than 25 bucks. The prints are less subtle and can only be seen in sunlight and flash photography. I not that rara okay.


Then, there was this store (can't remember the name) that was having major sales. I could have bought more, but luckily I stopped at this cardigan only. It was 80 Danish kroners, or around 20 bucks.


Best purchase of the trip: MNG Denim Leather Jacket for 20 bucks! YES!


Photoblogging on full steam now!

We went to Christiania twice! It's a territory that's isolated from the rest of Copenhagen and they have their own rules and they refuse to be part of the European Union, hence we were greeted with this when we left...



Graffiti in Copenhagen is BIG. And some of them are really awesome. Especially those in Christiania. I wonder if the legal weed sniffing has anything to do with the talent. HAHA. Yeah, weed is sold and purchased openly in Christiania!


Got this from the Danish Museum of Art and Design. HAHA.


Scenery shots from Copenhagen.







From outside of the Carlsberg Factory.


We saw horses! :) They were so still! Like as if they were on weed or something. Only when they were about to eat, then they moved. Hmm.



Night scene in Copenhagen. I hate myself for not taking more. I need to learn how to take clear night scene photos using my G11!


Copenhagen is also the birthplace of Hans Christien Andersens! We went to his museum and were rather excited to see his stories like The Ugly Duckling, Thumbelina and The Little Mermaid. The museum was crappy though because it cost so much!



It's also the land of TIVOLI! Tivoli is a really really old amusement park and word has it that Disneyland was modeled after it! We were rather unfortunate though because it was closed for the winter. Major bummer.



Nope, this is not a joke. Not even airbrush tattoo.


REAL TATTOOS FOR FREE. (The angmoh is handsome. HAHA.)


On the shopping street of Storget, there were a lot of buskers, and they were good.


And we had afternoon tea! :)
Dainty little stuff making me feel so lady-like.


THE BOTTLE BOYS! Major awesome buskers. Everyone watching just had to give some money.







The Little Mermaid!





Trains in Copenhagen are major cool. Some of them are highly graffiti-ed by artists. You can bring bicycles, dogs and other animals in. You have a quiet zone, which is seriously really quiet. And the seats are HUGE.


Our hostel room in Sleep in Heaven. Very nice hostel, well-worth the money!


More graffiti around our hostel.




Outfit I wore for the flight to Copenhagen.


And no, this does not work. The ice-cream inside was all melted. EEYER.


No comments: