Monday, May 31, 2010

Review: 28 Blush Palette

I was contemplating between the 28 Blush Palette and the new 20 Shade Concealer Palette on Ebay, and I decided to get the blush palette instead because I am a blush freak!

I bought it together with Chan's 88 Warm Palette (it's for her birthday! YAY) and I must say the prices are very very very reasonable.

The 88 Warm Palette was $21.90 and the 28 Blush Palette was $16.90.

The prices were really awesome considering that some blogshops sell both palettes for $32++ and $25++ respectively.


All colours are well-pigmented, but the shimmery colours are more vibrant than the matte ones. For the matte blushes, there is a tendency for them to get really chalky so using a fluffy big brush is recommended; a small tapered blush brush will only concentrate the colour in one area and because some of them are chalky, it's difficult to spread the colours out to the entire cheek area.

Four kinds of finishes: matte, shimmer, satin and glittery

My favourite colours should be:
First row: first blush
Second row: fourth blush
Third row: sixth blush
Fourth row: first blush

Some of the colours look extremely intimidating, especially the hot fluorescent pink and the maroon red. However, a little goes a long way and if you don't over-apply, the colours can still be wearable. In my case, I just dab my brush on these colours once and then dab on several of the cheek areas, and then blend blend blend. For the more vibrant colours, one dab is usually enough for one cheek, whereas for the lighter colours you can reapply to the vibrancy that you want! =)


First row: with flash


First row: without flash


Second row: with flash


Second row: without flash


Third row: with flash


Third row: without flash


Fourth row: with flash


Fourth row: without flash


One last comment: the glittery blushes are really freaking me out. It's like applying a blusher and then adding glitter bits to your cheeks. The glitter particles are really huge and chunky and I really don't want to look like a walking lightbulb. =/ I shall stay away from those colours. GAH.

Coding has been going on well. I am done with Aileen's first 13 DVDs and I should move on to the next 15 DVDs. There's a slight problem though, I have to finish everything by 2nd June 2010, 1pm. HOW TO FINISH! I WILL CHIONG CHIONG CHIONG!

Also, after almost a month hiatus from jogging and running (I stopped before Genting trip. aiyoyo), I finally went jogging yesterday. I met a potential flasher at a very secluded bus stop outside Bukit Batok Nature Reserve and I ran like crazy till I see a traffic light (meaning got a lot of cars, so if I get dragged down, I can struggle and run towards a car. LOL). 50 minutes of jogging later, I came back aching.

In very bad shape. I woke up this morning to an aching body. LIKE EVERYWHERE ACHING LOR. zomg. I shall go for a walk later. Same route, but walking. Perhaps brisk walking. We shall see.

I'm waiting for my mom to come back with my lunch. WHERE IS SHE!

No comments: