Monday, April 26, 2010

rather decent haul post

Studying has been major fail for me because of my talent in procrastination. However, I made a vow to myself that I will study intensely tomorrow and the laptop shall only be in use for HH202 purposes - I forgot to bring my notebook home, how clever, so Lectures 1-3 must now be done through using the macbook. I vow to only start using the macbook for other usages (facebook, online shopping, blah blah blah) after 6pm!

I will stick with it. I KNOW I CAN!

In the meantime, let me do some haulage post first. The exam period has been rather unforgiving on the bank account because I get bored easily and hence the hands wandered and I ended up getting like random things online. HAHA. So typical me.

First up is this Everyday Minerals Foundation Brush for $5 from SG_BEAUTY.


I used to apply liquid foundation using my fingers because the heat from my fingers will set the foundation faster. However, I always end up with a really heavy-looking application. Using this brush has been blissful for the skin. I just dot my face with the choice liquid foundation of the day and then I use this brush to blend it out.

A word of warning though; if you apply with a one-directional stroke movement, you will ALWAYS get streak marks. So, as taught by Michelle Phan, after you apply in one direction, go back in the opposite direction, or more aptly put, apply with a criss-cross method. This way, your foundation will not look streaky. =)

The bad thing is that I am really lazy, and so I haven't been washing my brushes. =X


I have recently followed a beauty blogger and so coincidentally she was having a blogsale and I got these NYX items for $16 total! A complete bargain considering that the eyeshadow base itself already costs anywhere between 10-14 bucks elsewhere.


NYX Concealer in a Jar

First reaction was how pleasantly surprised I was when I found out that this colour is my exact skin colour.

I used to use concealers that are a tone lighter because it will hide the undereye circles better and I was lazy to grab another one, hence I used a lighter tone concealer for the entire face. However, that was obviously a wrong move because though the eyes looked wonderful, I ended up having blotchy patches on the skin. Not a pretty look.

So remember, for the skin use a skin-toned concealer, and for undereyes, use a tone lighter, but not too light cause you will look ashy and babes, that will look horrendous.


NYX Eyeshadow Base

The thing that i first noticed is the smell, which is similar to the smell of the concealer. The smell is a bit too strong on the container, but when you apply it, I guess the smell kinda diffused?

I have not tried this for longterm wear, but I can see a potential rival for my ELF eyeshadow primer. Let's just see. =)


NYX Eyeshadow in Pink Oleander.

Rather neutral pink eyeshadow. It doesn't apply as intense as it looks. I think I'm going to use this as an inner tear duct colour for a brightening effect, or perhaps an all-over-the-lid colour to match with some heavy-duty flicked eyeliner and pink lips. (I'm very into bubblegum pink lips now, no idea why!)

The pigmentation is above average but do use an eye primer with this because it is very powdery and fall-outs are inevitable. I predict major creasing moments with this too. Shall not try that. HAHA.


I got these LA Colours palette from an onsugar beauty blogger for 2 bucks each. I was a wee bit too slow because she was selling 8 different palettes and only these 2 were available when I enquired. BOOHOO. I would have gotten all 8 palettes. GAH.


LA COLOURS palette in Enchanted

I don't really have a green palette and I was experimenting on a green-purple combination, and the only green that I could use was from my 88 palette, which in my opinion is kind of bull-shitty because all the greens look different, but they apply somewhat similar. =.=

One thing to take note about these palettes though. The colour that you see when it's brand new is not the colour that you will get on your lids. I was a wee bit turned off when I swatched it and the first layer of colour came out and a second layer appeared. Though the difference is not huge and destructive, there is still an element of cheating going on here (SO DRAMA!). The first layer is more shimmery, and thus made some colours look lighter than what they should be under light (As can be seen from the already-swatched palette below).


LA COLOURS palette in Tease

This is a fun palette. I see a VERY BRIGHT PINK! Nice. =)

Other than the similar problem to the above Enchanted palette, this definitely is a fun fun fun palette! Imagine an all-black outfit, and then topped off with a pink-purple look and nude lips. YUM YUM YUM! Sooner or later...


I also got samples from fr3b. Go sign up through the icon on the right navigator on my blog page! You choose what you want and just pay for postage fees! That simple! =)

I got ASIENCE because sometimes I just want my hair to smell like that. HAHA.

The Covermark foundation is a so-so product for me. Still loving my Maybelline.


Very random purchase. If you know me well or have shopped with me (chay and stufu), you will know that I am quite obsessed with owls but I have yet to buy anything owl-related.

I was bored from studying and I saw this for 6 bucks. So I heck, and just bought it.

I don't like the chain that came with it though. Very rough and I anticipate one hell of an itchy neck on a hot day when I'm wearing this. I'm such a loser; allergic to metal stuff still wear. HAHA.


Can't deny they are pretty though. =)


2 months ago I saw this pair on SGFLEA and they were selling for 15 bucks. I asked Chay if I should get it and she said I have too many similar pairs already.

But just last week, the seller posted this again for $9. Ohwell, my size some more, just get lor. HAHA.

The seller was damn pretty by the way. HAHA.



The thing is that I need to start doing some pedicure ah. The nails look horrific!


I'm still waiting for my VOV blusher, but I guess I need not include that at all cause I had the similar blush but different shade mentioned before.

It's almost 3am, and I should be sleeping. ALL READY FOR WAR WITH HISTORY (haha) TOMORROW!

I cannot wait for BYEBYEHALL party on Wednesday Night! GAH! Ahlianbeehoon, alcohol, salmondips and great great company! =)

No comments: