Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 10 Just Like That

One great thing this week was my grandmother and grandfather coming to visit the family! Although this meant that I have to lug my heavy laptop home everyday, it's worth every single minute.

I can proudly say that the person I love the most in this entire entire world is my grandmother.

Being home means having home-cooked dinner.=) And for 2 days, I decided to "bento" previous nights' dinners! YUM!


The week started with a rather tiring attempt to have a surprise birthday celebration for Miss Peeping Goh. HAHA. But it went well and she likes her Fujifilm Instax!


The theme for the week was red. I think the theme is more appropriate to be associated with whatever is happening in Thailand right now rather than Chinese New Year which was eons ago. I kind of played cheat. HAHA. At least I appeared in red heels lor!



Our Thailand-inspired pose. I have no idea what the eff I was doing.


Wednesday nights have suddenly become our "official" Carl's Jr nights. AND THEY HAD CHILLI CHEESE FRIES! To make my meal less sinful, I low-carbed my burger. HAHA. When you low-carb a burger, your eating experience becomes extremely messy. I think I don't want to have Carl's Jr next week. Must constantly remind Wang that we must be thinner than She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Because-She-Smells-Funky!


We were filming for our 206 final assignment just this morning. Javior was the 宅男 and Huiling was the 宅女!We had a lot of fun in the rain!!


Our director, Miss Peeping Goh.


Our beloved actors. We owe them both Canteen 14-Western Food vouchers. HAHAHAHAHA.


This morning, I also had a sudden revelation. I have 2 edm foundations that were either too dark for me or a tad too light. SO, I mixed them both, and today was the day that I have a perfect-coloured skin. Matching to the max!

The mixture in the cap is my actual skin colour! I think I am a genius. LOL.


I bought 3 ELF eyeshadow quads for $1.70 each on Ebay. I am quite fond of ELF eyeshadow quads because they are pigmented and they last quite long with the accompaniment of ELF Eyelid Primer.

I bought Luxe, Nouveau Neutrals and Matte Mauve.


Swatch of LUXE. My favourite quad of the bunch. Super blendable and the colour on the most left makes a fantastic highlight colour.


Swatch of MATTE MAUVE. I am quite on the fence with this quad because the pigmentation is not as impressive as the others. I guess it'e because all the colours in this quad are matte and so some degree of pigmentation is sacrificed. However, it's good for those days where you just want a little bit of colour on your lid with heavy eyeliner; shimmer does not work because it will overpower the eyeliner.


Swatch of NOUVEAU NEUTRAL. I'm quite intrigued by the moss-green colour. Cannot wait to mix it with some jet black shadow to create an alternative smoky-rock eye look.


I also bought 4 EDM Blush samples.


Swatches in the order of NickNack, Best Friend, Apple and Email Me.

Without flash and under yellow lighting.


I must say that I'm a fan of edm blushes. Any colour will for me. =) The only tip I have for those who are just starting out on mineral blushes is to not apply cream/liquid blushes beforehand as a base because when you apply the mineral blush using your brush, it will apply patchy and it will be quite difficult to blend. Although without a base your blush will fade along the way, you can always reapply! Better to be more troublesome than to walk around with patchy cheeks!

Out of curiosity, I bought this Tony Moly Tea Tree Pure Scrub Foam Wash off sgbeauty when it was selling for 5 bucks. I love the scent of tea tree oil (strange, i know) so this cleanser is a pleasant to use. Whether it works or not, that will take time. HAHA.


Lastly, a cropped top from Cotton On. 10 bucks. This is the pattern. Damn lazy to find a hanger. HAHAHAHA.


I have a wishlist that I wish to complete by May:
  1. SilkyGirl new mascara..some double extend thingy.
  2. Maybelline Magnum mascara.
  3. SK2 facial cleanser.
  4. A pair of boots from New Look. (saw some chio ones in Seventeen and CLEO)
This is kind of a cheery post. But I had the biggest break in composure last night. I cried to sleep in hall, which is a first. All because of the history essay. This morning, my lecturer replied my mail and I'm very relieved to say that I need not redo the essay. This also meant that I wasted my tears yesterday night. Dang.

Today is meant to be a rest day. I shall continue the essay tomorrow. Oh as well as 208 revision. I WILL PERSEVERE!

Datelines are looming but I always survive. So why not this time, right? I should calm down more. Breathe and be more zen.

No comments: