Friday, January 29, 2010

Rather jaded

I realise although I proclaim that I will stop shopping, I still do. HAHA. This is my mini-haul of the week.

NYX Round Lipsticks in Tea Rose and Fig



Fig is the one with the pink undertone, whereas Tea Rose has more nude essence in it. I was pleasantly surprised because the pigmentation of both lipsticks is commendable.

Fig is much more of a daring colour, I will definitely wear it when I know I won't be eating that much. HAHA.

Tea Rose is a little more subtle. More suitable for everyday wear.

Ah these NYX lipsticks are tempting me.

BTW, they do dry out when worn on their own, so slap on some gloss as well.


Reviews for Etude House Collagen Eye Patch


The package is FULL of product. After the desired 20 minutes, I scooped out some leftover product and applied on both eyes, and it's still not finished.


This is the funny part.

I applied both sides on both eyes and realised that both had different textures. One very smooth, and the other kinda rough like the photo below.


When it dried, I realised I didn't take out the plastic dividing the 2 masks. HAHAHA.
I am such a cuckoo.

The masks are well-fitted to contour round the eyes. Some eye masks are so frustrating because when you put them on, there seem to be endless air-bubbles that you must get rid off one by one. However, with this mask, once I applied it, it was smooth already. Thumbs up for that.


However, despite the raves of the packaging and application, I must say that the effects are non-existent. After the 20 minutes, my under-eyes circles do look a wee bit refreshed, but 2 hours later, we are back to square one.

A bit disappointing I must say.

Never will repurchase this. Boo.

Review of ZA True White Essence Mask


I had this for a while and so I decided to use it before it expires. The thing that I like about it is the smell, which is similar to the smell of all ZA skincare products. I'm just addicted to the smell. Musky yet a little bit fruity at the same time.

One very jarring difference between this mask and others is that it fitted my forehead perfectly. Most of the time, the piece of mask will be so big that I have to fold in some product for it to not stain my hair, but with this I see no purpose in doing that!


Also, this mask has the biggest eye section that I have ever seen. This is really good because you don't really want your face whitened and your eyes looking as dead as ever.


Over-all, this product is all right. I used it not for whitening purpose but more of a relaxation purpose. Whitening-wise i don't see much difference after the first application, so perhaps with religious applications, you can see the difference.

For the smell I will buy it again.

But perhaps I will choose the Future Defense range instead of True White because I have no intention of whitening my skin and since I am turning 21 this year, I need to take care of the skin! Mom said wrinkles will start forming when I'm 25 if I don't take good care. *shrieks*

Review of SilkyGirl Lash Prism in Black


I bought this in Malaysia last month at a very discounted rate, so I thought this mascara was going to be a joke.

How demented that thought was.

I AM VERY IMPRESSED AND WILL BUY ALL THE COLOURS!

First, let's talk about the wand. It has a mild hourglass shape and the wand is not the rubber type which I much prefer.

The formula of the mascara is also rather surprising. I thought it would either dry up in an instant, or be so runny that I would have panda eyes right after application. Obviously, both thoughts were wrong. The formula was just right. Not too runny, and yet not so thick that it will immediately clump up your lashes within the first application.

Also, this is waterproof and I prefer waterproof formula because they can hold curls better than non-waterproof ones and since I wear makeup for a whole day, I don't want my mascara melting under the blastering hot Singapore sun.

The most amazing thing is that it curls without me curling my lashes prior to application. This saves me time, well like 10 seconds, but still saves time! =)

LOVE LOVE LOVE=)
When SilkyGirl has a promotion, I AM GOING TO BUY ALL THE COLOURS! There's a Brown one, a Blue one and a Violet one. Hmmm. Maybe I should get a back-up of Black! =) YAY!

No comments: