Tuesday, December 29, 2009

the year's ending.

I promise this will be the last haul post of the year. Not that difficult since 2010 is a couple of days away.

However I do want to reflect on 2009, so that will be done at the end of this post. Satisfy the hunger of fellow shopaholics first.

Finally met up with 25/07 people! Not many turned up but nevertheless a good gathering. We ate at my favourite Thai Express again! =)


Outfit of the day

I was supposed to roam Bugis with horny hui but she fell sick so I went alone! HAHA. I got what I wanted and left for Bukit Panjang Plaza to meet Junyi and Lenny, and then dinner with Lenny, Xueyi, Jeremy and Ama!

Results was a bittersweet affair. On one hand, I have no Cs, on the other hand, I'm average. With 204 next semester, all I can hope for is the chance to use s/u on challenging electives. And I did worst on my most enjoyable module, French Level 1. WTF.

I bought heels! I bought a size bigger and that was a smart move because it fits quite well. This is super comfy. LOVE LOVE LOVE!




What I got today - the magical offerings to sound the very much wounded spirit and ego. LOL.

Cotton On high-waist skirt for 10 bucks. Cotton On has crazy sales now. I saw a pair of black sequinned converse-type sneakers, but decided not to get it because the sequins looked like they were about to fall out anytime. =.=

Random: somebody spilled milk tea and ran away! WALAO EH! At least tell the staff mar!


OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG
HOMG
ZOMG!


Yes, I finally acquired my super chio blazer. THE PRICE IS TO DIE FOR! Dorothy Perkins perhaps is really for bigger sized girls, because I'm normally a UK12, but I fit into UK10 for all their clothing items, even the most hardly-fit polo tees! I even fit into uk8 for one of their high-waist skirt. NICE. =)

See the bling bling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. I'm super excited now. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm going to resew all the buttons, because I don't want them falling apart. Although I know they won't but JUST IN CASE.


Look at the fantastic price. LOOK AT IT! muahahahahahahahaha.

FYI: there were other types of blazers for 39 bucks too, but this was the most out of the world. The rest looked too serene after I saw this. =) There was a sequin vest for 39. ORH! jeans for 29 bucks, but small sizes left. I think, none of the sales item at Dorothy Perkins was above 39 bucks. Topshop was rather blah though. Nice cropped top for 39, sequin pullover for 39, most blazers 89 and up. Topman was good! GO GET SOME MAN LOVE AT TOPMAN! =)


I also got this because it was blue, and I didn't have a blue shirt. and because it was pretty. HAHA. Cheap also! =)



I bought this for my sister, because TODAY IS HER 13TH BIRTHDAY!!! =)
Happy birthday Isabel Lim!


She kinda sian diao when I suddenly took a photo. HAHAHAHA.


On hindsight, 2009 has been rather kind with me. My share of tumultuous experiences had lessened and I have more opportunities to live life a little slower and less hectic.

2009 was the year that I turned a Permanent Resident of Singapore. Something rather significant to me because of monetary purposes (university fees, working, etc) and because I wanted to be a part of Singapore. Call me cheesy, but I recited the pledge in primary school; the sole foreigner to have done that in a class half-filled with foreigners. Also, I certainly know the words to the national anthem more than some Singaporeans. I have loved and lived in Singapore for 12 years, and being a PR is just another gift Singapore has reciprocated back to me. Next year will be the year I turned 21, the year in which I will decide whether or not to become a Singapore citizen. Although I want to, but as said by my grandma "no matter where you roam or where you create trouble in, your homeland is where you belong to and will come back for shelter." My home is Singapore, my homeland is Indonesia.

2009 was also the year that I started working to earn my own income. Being a retail assistant was not simple, neither was it a peaceful job. Behind those smiles that greet you when you walk into retail shops are painful hours and hours of packing and repacking. Internal politics were just another addition to this occupation. I was lucky enough to have quit before the eruption occured. To summarise the incident: a retail assistant was really discontent with her supervisor, and so she brought her gang friends to stop by the shop and create a mess, leaving the other retail assistants with alarmed gazes and nothing more. Then I was offered a full-time job at a tuition centre, supposedly an admin assistant. The first couple of weeks were manageable, I was marking compositions, typing out worksheets and attending to the tutees. However, my jobscope then expanded to cleaning up, typing out bible verses (93 pages of Word document!) and other miscellaneous items. After 2 months, my back was killing me. I reported to work with yokoyoko plasters on my back. On the third month, I decided to quit. Since it was already in June, I thought school would start soon and I should enjoy myself. I did enjoy myself, the bank account didn't like the self-granted holiday though.

2009, the year I discovered my love for cosmetics and fashion. This is a relationship I want to keep long-lasting and strong. The love is exponential. In secondary school, I applied foundation to school in secondary 4. Then I applied it EVERYDAY in JC. After the As, I was so bored and I was introduced to YouTube Makeup Gurus, and since then I was hooked. I have to wake up much earlier now to prepare and I am not complaining because I enjoy it. All I have to say is the saying of "there's no ugly woman, only lazy woman" becomes much more reasonable and less cliched after I discovered the wonders of cosmetics. Fashion, on the other hand, has always been my love since young. However, the uniform system halts my creativity and also I had no money to invest in my love for fashion. As soon as I started earning, I realised my love for fashion has become a yearning for a career in fashion. I want to work in the beauty/fashion industry and I thank 2009 for allowing me to rediscover my passion.

2009 - the start of university life. Making new friends, creating new cliques, studying new subjects, adapting to new environment and living in a new space. The year I went to the most awesome FOC ever. The year I met my awesome roomie, Jo Quek. The year I made strong bonds with great friends from Pavarotti. The year I had a newfound loathing towards ATs. University life has certainly blessed me with many new patches of greenery. Amidst all these, I struggled through the examinations. I had a record number of migraine attacks. All that equated to an enjoyable experience in NTU WKWSCI. I thank my friends for making my first semester much more liveable. I still cannot forget how I was conned into believing that my angel gave me birthday presents. (WILSONG!) This group of friends is the group that I know I will have lasting friendships with. =)

Not forgetting, 2009 was also the year that most of my guy friends report for NATIONAL SERVICE. Every week, I waited for Friday so that I can catch up with some of them. Their lives inside had been less than fulfilling (or at least, that's what they said) and so I let them about NS without complaining about it taking up 99% of the conversation. Life's sad for them and so they need to vent. Let's hope the upcoming year will be a much more tolerable one for them!

Tomorrow's the day! Countdown at Wilsong's house and I'm excited! Wang's gonna cook Thai food and the proposed menu sounds really yummy. Cannot wait! =)

No comments: