Saturday, December 26, 2009

i just like spamming photos.

I am back again with a truckload full of photos to annoy you. These days have been really busy and though I'm quite fatigued, the company and merriment have quite surely clouded the negativity.

2009 is ending. 2009 is definitely the year of surprises and much more. I anticipate the arrival of 2010 with much excitement and I hope everyone had a blasted Christmas!

I watched Sherlock Holmes with mao and Lohla before going for Christmas celebration at Shang's house.


I am not impressed by the movie as a whole. If you cut it up into snippets and show me bits and pieces every now and then, then I may think of it as an intriguing movie. However, putting it altogether deteriorates the wholesomeness of the movie. So much so that I was dreading the movie halfway and wanted it to end as soon as possible.

Don't get me wrong, the movie is very clever. But, you are watching Sherlock Holmes, so you can expect nothing less.

I think the biggest reason of why I was disappointed with this movie was the high expectations that I equated it with. As abovementioned, a movie about Sherlock Holmes requires nothing less but a brilliant mind, hence the tactics used in the movie to reveal how Sherlock Holmes go about solving his crimes are a tad too ordinary.

Oh well, but I like one part. Not the part where Robert Downey Jr is naked with a pillow covering his -cuckoo-; the part whereby bombs rained on the 3 main characters as they left the abattoir. Very clever, Mr Guy Ritchie.

Be warned though, for those who really has a problem with English Language, I'd rather you choose another movie because they talk REALLY fast.

On a random note:

I MISS KANGKONG!


CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION AT SHANG'S HOUSE
24TH DECEMBER 2009




JEREMY'S BELATED BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
25TH DECEMBER 2009

Outfit of the day!
Lenny! I really love love the necklace! =)





We went to Blooie's after cake-cutting ceremony (lol). Food is not cheap here, but I really couldn't resist the caesar salad, so I ordered one, and it cost me 13.90 (ouch!). Chicken, dry. The best thing about it: the olives, the worst thing about it: where's my anchovies??


LECKY'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!
26TH DECEMBER 2009


Thanks naiba for the chocolates! As of now, I'm left with one. HAHA.


We had fun in Cold Storage. HAHA.


Thai Express has definitely become my favourite restaurant! =) being a member is NICE! Rebates for every visit! =)


Christmas Presents!!

Got this cap from the gift exchange at Shang's house. It was really hilarious how everyone chanted mao's name everytime a person needed to pick a name from the can because NOBODY wanted his photo album. HAHA.


Christmas + birthday presents from LILY!
Thanks love! =)


She gave me A LOT of stuff. Reviews for most of them at the end of this post!


Lenny bought this from Japan! CHIO! =) I have been wearing it for the past 3 days! =)


Christmas cards from Nigel and Pohchoon (mao's card somewhere in cabinet, paiseh hor mao!)
I know my address is there, but oh well I hope the security guards can protect my house. HAHA.


Make-up Reviews

Majolica Majorca eyeshadow


Very very glittery. Suitable for the festive season! =) I used the white cream shadow as a base for the powder shadows. Pigmentation-wise, it's not bad. One word of advice though, I think wearing the lightest powder shade as a brow highlighter will be too OTT; as I have tried today and I looked like I poured myself with glitter.

But otherwise, nice glittery neutrals. Ah F it, I'm going to use it for school also. =)


Clinique Allover Colour in 01 Peony


Colours: 1st: mixed, 2nd: blush colour, 3rd: highlight colour

I love this blush. I have a problem with powder blushers because most of the time, the colour will fade after 3 or 4 hours, therefore I always make sure I have cream blusher first, then the powder blusher. With this, I see a difference! I wore it out yesterday with no cream blusher and when I reached home (around 6 hours later), my cheeks still looked flushed!

This really tempts me to get more colours.
Me and blushers: love and hate relationship


Rimmel STAY MATTE Pressed Powder

This is best used as a mattifying powder, and not as a foundation powder. Coverage is sheer, and applying with a sponge will make your face look cakey. Therefore, usage of a brush is recommended. This is more suitable as those powder that you keep in your makeup bag and use to reduce the oily factor at any time of the day.


NYX eyeshadow set for Brown Eyes


With flash


Without flash

My favourite colours are the 2nd top colour from the left and the left most colour on the bottom row.

The green looks really funky. =)

I have seen this palette on Youtube everywhere, and Lily was so nice to give one to me! I'm quite amazed with this product. Very pigmented and when applied, they have less fall-outs than Coastal Scents palettes.

I am going to scour the net for more palettes. =)


Maybelline GREAT LASH in Blackest Black


I don't know where to start with this mascara.
Hmm.

It's bad.

After I curled my lashes, I applied this, and it just weighed my lashes down, making them looking straight again. The curved brush is not helpful in reaching in to small lashes at all. I have a habit of applying 2-3 coats of mascara. With this, my lashes looked as if 7 bundles of hair were growing out of my eyes. Not glamorous at all.

But I will use it to finish it. Maybe as a first coat or something, in the hope of deluding self that this is a mascara base instead of a blah mascara.


My pay came in on the 25th, and I have been spending. Oh man.

Topshop is having Warehouse Sales from now till 8th Feb 2010 at Wing Tai. ooh la la.

No comments: