Wednesday, December 23, 2009

extremely photo-heavy post.

Before I dwell on the extremely sinful yet delightful trip to Kuala Lumpur, I shall do a short review for The Fourth Kind - I won free preview tickets to the movie, and I went with Junyi! It will be out on 31st December 2009


It is similar to Paranormal Activity, but the similarity stops only at subtle horror and actual footages from a video camera.

The directing was much more spectacular than Paranormal Activity, with breathtaking sceneries from Nome, Alaska. In addition, Milla Jovovich's participation in the movie will attract audiences much more than two nobodies.

Plot: a psychologist, Dr Tyler, encounters patients who had cases of sleeping difficulty, especially at 2.30 to 3am. She uses hypnotism on them, and she gets deeper into the case and experiences the incidences herself, with her daughter supposedly being abducted by the "aliens"

Whether or not the story is true is another matter, because the addition of snippets of real footages/videos/audios from the actual Dr Tyler herself (Milla Jovovich is just portraying the character because the real Dr Tyler is currently paralysed and in a deteriorating state) made the whole movie much more intriguing.

The movie ended with the case largely unsolved. Not for those who cannot appreciate movies like Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch Project.

Pointers:
  • there's an owl involved, and it's freaking me out
  • the alien talks in a language supposedly the oldest ancient language around
  • the alien thinks it is god
  • the real Dr Tyler is freaky too, she has pale skin and extremely large eyes. shudder
  • I jumped during the climax because Junyi elbowed me on purpose. THAT CHIBAIKIA. That will be my first and only time jumping while watching horror. NABEI!
  • SPI members came for the movie preview too. LOL.
  • Recommended from me!
Here's what I wore to the movie!


Guess who else I watched it with!
I was too preoccupied with the movie to put some paparazzi spirit into action. Next time!


KL trip with the HORNIES! =)
Me love the company!


I was on PAPARAZZI RADAR and so I captured many priceless shots during the trip. Kenneth was AWESOME because of his super horny quotes and his gaga-certified poses. HAHA.





My all-time favourite shot. =) Kenneth is awesome right? YAY FOR KENNETH!


Chay and Kok trying to take a photo of this HUGE OVERFED fly that was hovering around our dining table.


Spending the nights either trying to be prostitutes and assholes or massive HTHT-ing.


Eve's chio shoes. =)


Our chio, matching slippers! Kok and Eve got the turquoise ones, Chay the brown one and the purple pair is mine! The date has been decided, we are wearing them on first day of sem 2. =)


Kok's chio heels! We are such good friends. After looking at how nice she looked in the pair of heels, we just pushed her to buy it. HAHA. =) But its nice mar!


The Petronas Tower and my epic fail camera which refused to take the full length of the tower. GAH.



During this trip, I don't know how many random people came up to Chay to comment on her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle-esque glasses and how nice it was. Me going to copy her and do a fluorescent pink one! HAHA!


YAY for extremely good company, "gorgeous" (quoted from Kenneth) food, awesome shopping and much laughter.

On a whole, I am fatter, poorer and very much happier. =)

Haul!
The most exciting part! =)

Mandom Cleansing Sebum. Around 40% cheaper than in Watsons Singapore. You gotta love Malaysia's Watsons.


My favourite cologne sprays from Indonesia and they were sold so cheap cheap-ly.


Silkygirl mascara - kinda random purchase since I wanted it for the longest time and so I got it.
In2it lipstick - VERY CHEAP. OMG.
ZA Pore Smoother - LILY this is for you! =)


The colour of the In2it lipstick. You gotta love peaches and nudes.


Garnier Aqua Defense Roll-On - about 8 bucks (!cheap!) ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!
Nivea Deodorant set - 7 RM. NICE!


Was very lucky. On 19th December they were still selling the December issue. On 21st December, the January issue came out! =)

Frankly speaking, Malaysia's CLEO is more ME because they love studs and sequins! =)


2 shirts for the 2 December baby boys! =)


This was RM30 from The Reject Shop. Nothing wrong about it though. HAHA. Retails for USD44


A cardigan from F.O.S. Bought it for RM39, retails for USD34.50, also nothing wrong with it. Hmmmm.


Bought together with the shirts above!


RM 25!


This got to be the most worth-the-money purchase. RM30 = SGD13++ for a faux leather jacket. AND IT FITS much more better than the previous one.


RM16. YES! =)

RM25

RM25
My favourite purchase of all. I just love prints!

RM 25

The chio blingblings!

RM79 at MNG.
I went to Shaw's MNG today and they were having the same sale, but I didn't see this shirt anywhere.

RM59
This was a buy one get one free purchase. I paid for these...

and I got this for my mom!
RM53 (free though. HAHA)

I know this is sold in Singapore as well, but obviously cheaper in Malaysia. HAHA.

My uniform beaded slippers. Sold in Singapore as well but we got it 5 bucks cheaper. HAHA. We were lucky. When we paid for the 4 pairs, one lady approached us and gave us her vouchers so we slashed RM20 off our total bill.

2 for RM 50



ANNNNDDD, I bought these online.
A BN F21 lace skirt for 20 dollars ONLY! =) nice.
And this zipper dress for 9 bucks!


I AM SO TIRED!

Schedule:
Thursday - Christmas celebration at Shang's house
Friday - Jeremy's birthday celebration
Saturday - Leckkhai's birthday celebration
Sunday - Bt Timah hike with usual people

On top of that, I'm running 5km everyday!

OH!

NTU WKWSCI FOC Car Wash will officially commence on 2nd January 2010. It will happen from 3pm-7pm at Easy Coast! Bring your cars and get them washed! =)

Details about exact location COMING SOON!

No comments: