Sunday, November 15, 2009

party all the time.. p-p-party all the time

I have Stephanie Yeo Jun Ting snoring like a pig on my sofa.
I have Melanie Huang SiYing in my room fondling my iPhone.
and then, me myself and I, doing nothing productive but slogging my ass off on my readings.

I need my hall.
Being at home just means sleeping longer, eating more, and generally being a lazy bum.
Home = ultimate nemesis of Mugging Spirit.

I'm 4 days away from my first paper, and I'm not afraid for that subject because I can depend on my good ol' memory.

What I'm really cracking my brains about is the 2 core modules, but mostly 203. Research is done but still in strings and I badly need to stitch them up together. Lecture slides are reluctantly looked through in a touch-bye manner.

I am in such a sloth-y mood now that I find it troublesome to upload photos. So for more updates on Themed Tuesdays: Geek Day + Headgear, proceed to facebook please.

I watched Paranormal Activity with movie guru Wilsong and stone-girl Yinghui.
I must say this is the freakiest show that I have ever watched. Not because of any boring ghost and not because of extremely good plot, just because of the intense built-up that is embedded in you.

For people who are easily affected by horror shows like Shutter, Ju-On and whatnots, which focuses more on scaring the masses using actual ghosts in the show, Paranormal Activity will be a bore. Simply because no demon/ghost makes itself visible in the show.

Only audiences with a flair and liking for horror movies will get intrigued by this show. Horror so subtle that it hits you right in the brain, and it lingers there for quite some time. Such is a horror show that I enjoy. I was almost covering my eyes with my jacket and because of that foolish move, I missed the part where the shadow appeared on the door.

I mean, normal people will just brush this show away as amateur filming with nothing exciting to capture the audience.

But believe me, once you start getting intertwined into the horror business, you start to appreciate even the slightest attempt at making a horror show successful. My favourite part would be the demon pulling Katie away from her bed. That was crazy good. Amateur filming but with such awesome effects.

However, I don't doubt that the ending kinda sucked.
I watched all 3 alternative endings on the net and I prefer the cops version better.

Oh well, the agony of a subtle horror movie trying to get its well-deserved recognition in a lion city full of cynical bastards who demand upfront ghosts to be present in every single horror movie.

No comments: